It is possible for third party platforms to offer debugging symbols as a direct download. In these cases, as they are not available on a public symbol server, we are not able to supply them within our defaults. A few know cases are:
- The renaming of a third party library like Electron,
- Whatever your preferred Linux distro is.
The following uses the case of an unsymbolicated Electron crash.
- Locating the symbol file name and debug ID:
- You can find this either by hovering over the missing symbol from a crash or by looking at the projects missing symbols list. Either will give you the file name, Electron Framework and the debug id,45E07FE79CAC31169A0459CA63D608A70
- MacOS this can get a bit tricky, but I was able to find a match in electron-v11.4.7-darwin-x64-symbols.zip
- Specifically in the folder \electron-v11.4.7-darwin-x64-symbols.zip\breakpad_symbols\Electron Framework\45E07FE79CAC31169A0459CA63D608A70
- In this case you would rename the symbol with debug id 45E07FE79CAC31169A0459CA63D608A70 to yourApplicationsName